Place of Work: Michaela Community School, North End Road, London, HA9 0UU
Hours of Work: Mon- Fri 7:00am-3:30pm (Term Time only – 40 weeks + 5.2 weeks’ holiday pay)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (“LGPS”), London Borough of Brent
Salary: £26000 before deductions
To Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michaela Community School is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
We have 700 pupils from years 7 to 12.
The role of the Head Chef is to ensure fantastic food and exceptional service is provided for the pupils and teachers each and every day as we serve vegetarian family lunch to 750 pupils and staff.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting, fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis. It all starts with enjoyment – great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love!
- As Head Chef you will manage a team of 8-10 to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- You will ensure your staff have completed the appropriate training for their role
- You will ensure your staff have the correct uniform, equipment and skills
- Experience leading, coaching and motivating staff, ensuring professional development and effectively challenging and managing any underperformance
- Responsible for the P&L accounts, effective control of costs
- Creating and costing of menus
- Training and motivating the staff
- Build excellent relationship with the School
- Ensure all School requirements are delivered
- Carefully plan and monitor food given to those with allergies
The ideal candidate
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Excellent craft skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with lots of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
Michaela Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Michaela Community School is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 /year