Reporting to: Operations Manager and Headmistress
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 7:45am-4:30pm, Fri 7:45am-3:30pm
Salary: Up to 40k, depending on experience
Holiday: 30 days’ holiday to be taken during non-term time.
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (“LGPS”), London Borough of Brent
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Michaela Community School is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. We have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11 and 70 Year 12s in a new Sixth Form.
This is the type of job in which you feel you are really making a difference! You will never be clock-watching. If you like a challenge, deal well with changing priorities and get satisfaction from solving problems, this is the place for you!
We are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office. We are looking for someone who takes multi-tasking to a different level; someone who is bright, highly organised, has attention to detail and deals well under pressure.
You will be expected to lead and direct the members of the office team. You will be personable, assertive and proactive. You must be a driving force and a real leader.
You will be passionate about developing a strong coherent team with clear individual and collective goals and will be able to develop and foster a team spirit of co-operation and cohesion. You will have the vision to implement new procedures and systems to improve the smooth running of our busy office.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g. word processing, mailmerge, spreadsheets, databases)
Special abilities / aptitudes
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team
- Interpersonal skills – dealing with parents, students, colleagues and outside agencies
- Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a wide range of issues relating to working practices
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload, with strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work methodically, ensuring attention to detail
Other job specific requirements
- Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practical application.
Education and Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record of success
Michaela Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Michaela Community School is an equal opportunities employer.