“Michaela6th has been an amazing experience because it has opened so many doors for me, and allowed me to explore the different parts of the subjects I love. This has been made possible by the supportive and enthusiastic teachers who have helped me along the way. All the guidance has helped me grow as a student and as a person; I have become more independent and better prepared for life after school. I plan on getting three A* grades at A-level and going to Oxford to study Maths.” – Kavit, Y13
Michaela offers a unique learning environment which aims to propel students to the best universities (including the Russell Group, including Oxbridge, Harvard, Yale, Stanford and MIT).
Top universities and employers value Soft Skills. Entry to the best universities is first and foremost about academic excellence. However, continued success at university and beyond is dependent on the development of the student as a whole person.
In addition to excellent teaching, we have a bespoke Tutor Programme that instructs students in the following areas:
- Professional habits, e.g. organisation, time-management, problem-solving, managing distractions
- Professional skills, e.g. email etiquette, communication, presentation skills, CV writing, cover letter writing
- Financial literacy, e.g. banking, saving, student finance, personal finance, debt and credit
- University applications, e.g. interview skills, mock interviews, personal statement writing, evidencing competencies
- Public speaking, e.g. practice in presentations, discussion and debate
Students are encouraged to contribute to the wider life of the school, which allows them to develop Soft Skills, and means that they have a wealth of examples of personal development to draw on in applications. Current students are involved in the following areas, among others:
- Sport coaching
- Mentoring for the lower school
- Mathletes and UKMT Maths Challenge prep
- Organising charity events